- Trip Duration 4 Days
- Trip Grade Easy
- Trip Style Tour
- Max Person 02 - 16
- Meals Breakfast
- Transportation Private Transport & Flight
- Destination Tibet
About Tibet Lhasa City Tour
The Tibet Lhasa city tour is a scintillating journey of getting firsthand knowledge about Tibet’s history of yore. This fly in/fly out visit is ideal for those who want the best of Tibet within the least possible time. The vibrant city of Lhasa, situated in the southern part of the Tibetan high plateau is at an elevation of 3650m above sea level and almost at the same longitude as Cairo. Lhasa physically sits in a valley formed by the river Kyichu, a branch of the Tsangpo (also known as the Brahmaputra in India). The prevailing peaks around Lhasa range between 4400m and 5300m above sea level.
The city is built on swampy lands surrounded by three hills Marpori ("Red Mountain"), Chakpori ("Iron Mountain") and Barmari ("Rabbit Mountain"). The valley is protected from the harsh winds that blow mostly towards much of the Tibetan plateau and thus the city bears a moderate climate. The latest measured maximum summertime temperature in the daytime is 28 degrees Celsius and wintertime temperature is 15 degrees Celsius at an average in the night. Lhasa is surrounded by dry air throughout the year except during the summer rainy season. It has more than 300 days of sunshine a year. We can enjoy the mysterious Tibetan culture, history and a lot of tranquil monasteries and White Water Rivers during this brief gripping trip that stirs the emotions of a once thriving independent country, now become an autonomous region of China.
Index Adventure offers us a breathtaking whirlwind tour in Tibet including Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace, Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery, Ganden Monastery, Gyantse, Jokhang Temple and the bustling Barkhor market, Shigatse, and Tsetang. Tibet is home to ancient monasteries of great value. This region is also a wonderful area to explore and discover a lot of places and enjoy it to the fullest. This tour is a 4 day trip to the Holy city of Lhasa in Tibet. The tour is basically programmed to give you a quick journey of present-day Tibet, still a mystery to the world. It is a simple but yet enchanting trip. The tour package incorporates flying in and flying out on a whirlwind flight from Kathmandu. We will get two full days to roam around Lhasa and explore the exceptional cultures and traditions of the friendly, humble Tibetan people.
We will be flying from Kathmandu to Lhasa on the main day of the tour. This is somewhat similar to a mountain flight above the Himalayan skyline from Kathmandu to Lhasa. After the flight, we’ll go to our hotel rooms and take a refreshing steam shower and stay there to adapt to the Tibetan environment at high altitude.
After we get comfortable with the environment, the 2nd and 3rd day of the tour is spent sightseeing the famous Lhasa - Jokhang Temple, the shrieking and crowded Barkhor Streets kicking with life, the gripping Potala palace, the Holy Drepung and Sera monasteries. After these exciting two days of our insightful tour, we get set for our flight back to Kathmandu above the majestic Himalayan ranges that are sure to be etched in our hearts for some time to come. This ultimately brings down the curtains to an extraordinary tour filled with wonderful memories as we head towards Kathmandu or our next destination.
- Day 01: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa city
- Day 02: We begin our truly interesting sightseeing in this ancient city of Lhasa
- Day 03: Further insightful exploration in & around Lhasa.
- Day 04: Depart Lhasa for Kathmandu or a destination of your choice.
- Private transportation by jeep/ van/ or coaster bus as per the group size
- Bothway Flight (ktm-Lasha-Ktm)
- Necessary Tibet travel permit
- English speaking Tibetan guide.
- Accommodation on twin sharing room basis.
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per our itinerary
- Daily breakfast.
- All applicable taxes and service charge.
- Lunch and dinner
- Insurance of any kind.
- Any additional cost in case of natural calamities and unforeseen circumstance
- Personal expenses such as a drink, tips & etc.
Special advice for Lhasa city tour
- Your passport should at least 6 month valid count from traveling date and you should bring same passport which you send us for permit while at trip confirmation.
- Due to uncertain Chinese policy, you are advised to confirm your trip as early as possible.
- We formally do not need your medical report, insurance etc for visa and permit procedure but it is necessary to have secure way. Obtained from your own country.
- Please don't get Chinese Visa if you are traveling form Nepal. As you need to have Tibet Group visa while traveling form Kathmandu and we will arrange all the visa and permit procedures.
Tibet tour Booking policy
- At least 6 month valid passport scan copy my email
- You also can do this trip privately if you have your own group.
- Meal plan will be Bed and Breakfast basis while in Lhasa city tour
- We expect at least 30% advance as an advance, you can pay by credit card or transfer to our company account
- Rest of the tour cost is paying before departure from Kathmandu by cash, by credit card or you can transfer to our official account