- Trip GradeStrenuous
- Trip StyleTrekking
- TransportationPrivate Vechiles & Domestic Flight
- MealsBreakfast in cities & full board meals in trek
- Accommodation2 star hotel in cities & tea house / Lodge on trek
- Group Size02 - 16
- Max Altitude5,364 M
- Single Supplement175 USD
About Cho La Pass Trek
Cho La Pass Trek is ideal for the brave-hearted and the adventurers seeking adrenaline rush. The major difficulty of this strenuous route is Cho La Pass which is situated at 5,420 m. But the difficulty is, however, is paid with immeasurable rewards i.e. the close-up views of five peaks higher than 8,000m namely Lhotse, Makalu, Lhotse-Shar, Cho Oyu and Everest. Along with the magnificent peaks, one can encounter Ngozumpa glacier, the biggest glacier in the country, Gokyo Lake and views from Everest Base Camp. This trek also enables one to observe the lifestyle of Sherpa communities, their culture, and hospitality.
Any passionate and bold adventurer with a desire to get the exceptional adrenaline rush while climbing through the majestic icefalls and massive glaciers would find the Cho La Pass Trek the ideal trek for them. The Cho La Pass Trek takes trekkers to the beautiful Gokyo Lake area and gives a brief climb to the Everest Base Camp. The toughest part of the Cho La Pass Trek is considered to be the Cho La Pass itself which stands at an altitude of 5,420 m above the sea level. Nevertheless, the trail is continuously rewarded by incomparable beauty of the towering mountains comprising of five peaks above 8000 m including Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Everest, Mt. Cho Oyu and Mt. Lhotse-Shar. Cho La Pass Trek explores every mysterious trail, taking us to tiny Sherpa settlements. This gives us a chance to experience the renowned and remarkable culture and hospitality of the local Sherpa people.
Cho La Pass trek route map begins with a 30 minutes flight to Lukla. The dramatic landing to the tiny airstrip in Lukla airport takes away the travelers breathe away and the adventure begins from here itself. We trek across some popular trails and come across a few renowned regions such as Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Lukla and a few other regions in the Khumbu. As we come to the prime part of our trek, we witness the enchanting Dudh Koshi River, further up we come across Nepal’s biggest glacier – Ngozumpa glacier and as we make a steep ascent for the Cho La Pass, the magical scenery from Kalapatthar and Gokyo RI makes all the strenuous walk and hardships worthwhile. The flora and fauna blend with the beautiful sceneries of the mountain vistas and provides the region with the perfect paradise touch. The most favorable season to attempt the Cho La Pass Trek is March to May and October to December when the sky is clear and the mountain peaks reveal its true beauty.
Index Adventure has a dedicated, passionate and focused team of enthusiasts with a zeal to provide its customers with the finest service. Index Adventure provides our customers with the best-personalized itinerary and travel services. Our previous experiences from the tours that we have arranged have built a strong foundation and have now given us the strength and confidence to come up with the best of the best services and facilities for our customers lets check our package Gokyo Ri trek with Sagarmatha National Park . Index Adventure offers a complete holiday package, helping our beloved customers fulfill their traveling dreams. The satisfaction of our customers is our major priority and our team of professionals work hard to achieve that goal.
Trip Highlights of Cho La Pass Trek
-Hiking across Cho LA Pass (5420m)
-The Gokyo Village, Gokyo Ri, and the Gokyo Lakes
-The Everest Base Camp area (EBC)
-Exciting ascents of Gokyo RI, Chukkung Ri, and Kalapathar
-The magnificent views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Choyou, and other Khumbu mountain range.
-The icefall and glacier of Mahalangur Himalayan range.
-The shapes and the cracking sounds of the glaciers.
-The world’s largest glacier “Ngozumpa”.
Best Time for Cho La Pass Trek
Autumn (September, October, and November) and Spring (March, April, and May) are the best times for the Chola Pass Trekking. During these times, the weather and climatic conditions at the Everest region remain stable for long. This creates a perfect trekking environment.
Trekking is possible all year round with best preparations. But, trekking in winter and monsoon means you might have to face a lot of difficulties. During those times, the weather and climate at Everest frequently fluctuate.
Trek Difficulties During Cho la Pass Trek
-Crossing the Cho La pass is the biggest challenge during this trek. You must walk for nearly half an hour over the iced trail.
-Beware of altitude sickness. Cho la Pass Trek is a high altitude trek. You will trek to the highest altitude places like Gokyo Ri, Kala Patthar, and Chola Pass.
-Crossing the pass over bumped rocks and steep uphills are very hard. Walking over the ups and downs can be strenuous. Eat a healthy diet, get appropriate training, and create a strong mentality.
-During some days, you have to walk for 7 to 8 hours. This can be exhausting. Make sure you boost yourself up. Take some snacks and energy bars.
-Your body can dehydrate faster at high altitudes. This can cause altitude sickness. So, drink plenty of water. Take water breaks at certain intervals.
-The trek can be difficult without appropriate trekking gears. Check our article on Packaging lists for trekking in Nepal.
Note: Weather in Everest is unpredictable so there is high chances of delayed as well as cancellation of the scheduled flight. The rate of flight delay and cancellation in high at Lukla. During your journey, if flight cancellation happens you have to spend an extra night at Lukla/Ktm (if you are coming back to Kathmandu or going to Lukla). So, we request to spare a couple of days if you are planning to trek in the Everest region so that you will not miss your international flight. Helicopter rescue can also an option but it cost you more.
- Day 1:Arrival at Kathmandu (1,350m).
- Day 2:Fly to Lukla (2,800m) | Trek to Phakding (2,652m), Flight Duration: 30 mins, Trekking Duration: 3 hrs. walk.
- Day 3:Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440m), Trekking Duration: 5 - 6 hrs. walk.
- Day 4:Rest Day at Namche Bazaar, Trekking Duration: 4-5hrs walk.
- Day 5:Trek to Dole (4,040m), Trekking Duration: 5-6hrs walk.
- Day 6:Trek to Machharmo (4,470m), Trekking Duration: 4-5hrs walk.
- Day 7:Trek to Gokyo (4,800m), Trekking Duration: 5-6hrs walk.
- Day 8:Hike up to Gokyo Ri (5,483m) | Back to Gokyo and rest, Trekking Duration: 3-4hrs walk.
- Day 9:Trek to Thaknak (4,750 m), Trekking Duration: 5 - 6 hrs.
- Day 10:Cross the Cho-La Pass and down to Dzongla (4,830m), Trekking Duration: 7 - 8 hrs.
- Day 11:Trek to Lobuche (4,940m), Trekking Duration: 4 - 5 hrs.
- Day 12:Trek to Gorak Shep (5,170m) | Hike to Everest Base Camp (5,364m) and back to Gorak Shep. Trekking Duration: 7 - 8 hrs. walk.
- Day 13:Morning Kala Patthar sunrise | Trek down to Pheriche (4,280m), Trekking Duration: 7 - 8 hrswalk.
- Day 14:Trek down to Pangboche-Tengboche-Namche Bazaar (3,440m), Trekking Duration: 5 - 6 hrs. Walk.
- Day 15:Trek down to Lukla (2,800m), Trekking Duration: 6 - 8 hrs walk.
- Day 16:Fly Back to Kathmandu.
- Day 17:Departure to International Airport.
- Tourists class transportation to and from the airport and hotel.
- Both ways Flights tickets Kathmandu –Lukla-Kathmandu.
- 2 Nights standards Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Trekking lodge /Teahouse accommodations during the trek.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- Government Licensed Holder trekking guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Flight, and insurance.
- Porter during the Trekking (1 Potter for 2 trekkers) with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, and insurance.
- All necessary paperwork, Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit, Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) including local Tax, Government tax & official expenses.
- Sleeping bag & Duffel Bag (if you do not have your own, to be returned after trip completion).
- Supporter guide group size above 8+ people.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag.
- Farewell Dinner & Trekking Achievement Certificate.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu city.
- Extra night accommodation and meals if early departure from the mountain.
- Excess baggage more than 10 kg for Lukla flight.
- Nepal visa fee (You can apply for Online or you can easily issue the visa on arrival at International Airport Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance (necessary).
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks & all desserts sweet things.
- Hot shower and battery charging in trekking Mountains.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in including section.
- Tips for the guide, porter, and driver (Tipping is voluntary).
It's not been long since we've returned from our trek in Nepal and there are no signs of the memories fading. Cho-La Pass trek for us was an experience of a lifetime, a genuine high altitude experience in the land of Everest! Thank you Index Adventure for making our holiday ...Read More