- Trip GradeEasy
- Trip StyleTour
- TransportationPrivate Transport & Flight
- MealsFull Board Basis
- Group Size02 - 16
- Single Supplement120 USD
About Cultural Bhutan Tour
Have you ever been fascinated by the Buddhism culture? Has the serenity of Buddhism ever reel you in, and you want to have an in-depth experience to learn and soak in the uniqueness of this culture? Bhutan Cultural Tour takes you through the major cities and sites of Culture Bhutan tour that offers you a once in a lifetime opportunity to witness the culture of Tibetan Buddhists up close.
Visit the Zilukha Nunnery, a monastery that houses more than 50 nuns. The prayer flags draped around the monastery adds to its spiritual and scenic aura. The Traditional School of Arts and Crafts signifies the efforts of the country in order to preserve the traditional methods of paintings which also include the famed Thangka Paintings. Another famed site you will come across on your travel is the Tashicho Dzong. This historical fortress also operates as a monastery and the seat of power for Bhutan’s Government. Lying on the base of lush green hills, this fortress is set apart by its three-storied towers and triple tiered golden roofs.
Bask in the natural and cultural beauty of Bhutan as you hike to Taktshang Monastery, also known as Tiger’s Nest. The Taktshang Monastery holds unique historical and religious importance. This hike provides you the unique opportunity to bask in the natural along with the cultural beauty of the Kingdom of hills.
Index Adventure has brought you this trip for you to experience the beautiful culture that the Kingdom of Bhutan has to offer, in a short time. Enrich yourself with this unique opportunity and learn more about the culture of Tibetan as well as the Buddhist religion. You will also be equipped with an experienced guide which will make this journey a learning one as well.
- Day 1:Arrival at Paro Airport after the drive to Thimpu (1hour 30 minutes’ drive). 2320 M.
- Day 2:Thimpu Sightseeing.
- Day 3:Thimpu to Paro.
- Day 4:Departure.
- Private transportation
- Necessary Bhutan travel permits
- English speaking Bhutanese guide and Driver
- Accommodation on Twin sharing/ Single room basis.
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Meal plan: Full Board Basis
- Bhutan Government Royalty fee ($ 65 per person / per day)
- Bhutan Visa fee
- Flight fare Kathmandu- Paro- Kathmandu.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Additional cost due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstance
- Personal expenses such as drink, guide tips & etc.
Checklist for Bhutan Tour
- Valid passport (valid for six months from the date of your trip)
- One other picture ID, such as driver’s license (in case of emergency and for use as a substitute of passport or in case of loss of your passport) Photocopy of passport page to carry in a wallet
- Air tickets (Make a copy of flight tickets which may be helpful, in case of loss)
- Visa Clearance (Make a copy of visa clearance which may be helpful, in case of emergencies)
- MasterCard, Visa Credit, and Debit Cards are accepted in Bhutan. However, travelers’ cheques and some cash are highly recommended.
- Mobile (if your cell phone is from CINGULLAR USA or ATNT (USA) operators then your cell phone will work in Bhutan.)
WHAT TO BRING DURING THE TOUR IN BHUTAN
- Warm Jackets with waterproof or raincoats
- Hiking shorts (for men) or skirt
- Winter clothes
- Hiking/trekking boots
- Socks for hiking boots Sunscreen for lips and face
- Long and short T-shirts or cotton shirts
- Sun Hats
- Walking Sticks
- Backpack or Suitcase
DRESS CODE FOR VISITING FORTRESSES, MONASTERIES, AND TEMPLES IN BHUTAN
- Shirt (either half or full sleeve)
- Full pants/long skirts
- Any type of shoes with socks
- No Hats, No Umbrella, No Slippers, No t-shirts, No short skirt and No half-pants
- Photographs allowed in the courtyard only.
He combined trip to both Nepal and Bhutan is truly an amazing experience. From reception upon arrival and in between journey are all smoothly executedSpecial thanks to the very patient and friendly guide Nr Madan Gurung and Mr Hari for a breathtaking ABC trekking and also the ever friendly guide ...Read More