- Trip GradeEasy
- Trip StyleTour
- TransportationPrivate Transport & Flight
- Group Size1 to 5
About Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
Do you love the scenic flights above the Himalayas of Nepal?
Are you willing to catch the eagle-eye views of the Everest region and Gokyo lakes?
Choose our 3 to 4 Hours Everest Helicopter Tour.
Everest Base Camp trek is a bucket-list adventure at Everest region for many people. This 14 days trek takes you to the lap of the world’s highest peak, Mt Everest. The trek to the Everest Base Camp is a fun-filled adventure in the Khumbu valley. You will walk through the houses of the Sherpa people and ascend/descend the rocky pathways in the Everest region.
But the EBC trek may not be convenient for all.
For this reason, the Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour with landing is the best option for those who have several hurdles to go trekking to the Everest Base Camp. This is the best alternative to 14 days EBC trek for physically unfit or the time-bound travelers with extreme zeal to stand at the base of Mt Everest.
This 4 hours scenic helicopter tour in the Everest region takes you the most popular sites of the Everest region. You will fly over the clouds and catch the most scenic views of the mountains, patches of Sherpa villages, cascading rivers, and waterfalls, and the most glistening Gokyo lakes.
During the mountain tour, you will get to see the chain of mountain peaks. It includes the serene views of Mt Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Cho Oyu, and other many peaks in the Everest region.
The short and the most-convenient flight tour to the Everest Base Camp starts from Kathmandu and after the tour of 3 hours ends at the same spot. You will get the most pleasant flying experiences over the chain of Himalayas to the base of Mt. Everest.
This flight to Everest region lands at Lukla for fueling where you will get time to interact with the locals of the region. Plus, you will get your breakfast of the day at the Everest View Hotel, the hotel at the highest altitude in the world. While at the Hotel you will get to enjoy the services at such altitudes.
You will have a much-secured trip with our experienced crew member and friendly staff while flying over the mountains. This is a short, safe, and the tireless journey you could make to the base camp of the highest peak Mt. Everest.
Highlights of Everest Heli Tour
- On this Helicopter tour, you will get a chance to dine at the Everest View Hotel. A bowl of hot soup and breakfast on the table while the splendid side-views of the -blanketed Mt Everest and its neighboring peaks is the lifetime bliss.
- The tour is for everybody. Those who are physically unfit for the trek, or those with children, they can easily join this trip. The trip is doable by anyone with lesser hassles and exhaustion.
- It is the best option for those who are in the tight schedules. Sometimes people are forced to quit their bucket list adventures because of the time confinement. But with this heli tour, you can easily make a trip to the Everest in 3 to 4 hours. So, this is the tour you can manage even in the tightest schedules.
- This surreal flight lands at the Everest Base Camp or Kala Patthar in around an hour’s departure from Kathmandu. You will land to the highest point on the EBC trek without any sweat or lethargy in your body.
- With this flight, you will get the eagle-eye views of the whole Everest region and the gigantic mountain peaks. Plus, as you start from Kathmandu, the aerial view of the Kathmandu valley is an amazing part of this flight tour.
- During this trip, you will land at Lukla for fueling where you will get some time to spend special moments with the local Sherpa people. Knowing about them and their Himalayan culture is really enlightening.
- On this flight tour to the Everest, you will be amazed by the stunning aerial views of Tengboche monastery and its premises.
- You can get to click as many pictures as you want during the flight and while you land at the Base Camp or at Kala Patthar.
- You will fly over the sea of snow at Khumbu glacier and different icefalls in the Khumbu region.
- This trip is doable with a very few packing. You do not have to arrange varieties of the trekking gears for this Everest Heli Tour.
Best Time for the Everest Heli Tour
The best time for the Everest Heli tour is the spring (March, April, May) and Fall (September, October, November, December). These seasons are also the best time for trekking in Nepal along with the peak season to trek to Everest Base Camp.
Spring in the dry month in Nepal just after the winter season. By this time the snow slowly starts melting bringing back the Everest region in full charm. During this season the weather is quite stable and moderate. Plus, there are least chances of dense clouds in the Himalayas.
So, the risks of flight cancellation are very low during this time. This season offers the most charming views of the giant Himalayan peaks along with the side views of the forest blooming in rhododendron and other wildflowers. The heli ride in this season offers the best scenic views in the dry and the crisp weather.
While autumn is another best time for this tour where the average temperature is around 15 to 20-degree Celsius with the most stable weather and climatic conditions of the year. This is the dry month after the monsoon season. So, you will see the forests and the landscapes washed in the monsoon rain during your flight over the Everest region.
This is the less humid month with the least precipitation. So, there are least chances that the clouds obstruct the vision.
So, during Autumn and Spring, you will have an amazing fight trip over the dazzling Himalayan peaks and the picturesque Everest region.
While the Everest Heli tour is also possible in other seasons as well when the weather is clear with the clear cloudless skies. In winter although the temperature goes below freezing point in the base camp, with proper clothing you will have no problem at all. So, in a clear, sunny winter morning you can go for this Heli tour over the snow-blanketed Everest region.
However, during the monsoon season, the frequent rainfall and thunderstorms disturb the heli flight. So, the tour to the Everest region is least possible during this time. The fluctuating EBC weather, clouds, and frequent rainfall disturb the flight. There are chances of the flight cancellations.
Cost of Everest Heli Tour
For the scenic flight trip to the Everest Base Camp, you have to pay around USD 1100 to USD 1500 per person. If you are in a group of your own we have a special discount for you as well based on the company’s rule.
This cost does not include the cost of your flight guide. If you want to hire a flight guide for this trip then you can hire one by paying extra charges. With this amount, you will get the most amazing memories and the adventures in a short time without much difficulty.
Everest Heli Tour Includes
- Airport pick up and drop from your hotel
- A chartered Helicopter with experienced pilot
- All government taxes & Company service charges
- Emergency oxygen available inside the helicopter
Everest Heli Tour Excludes
- Nepal Visa-International Airfare
- Personal and Medical Insurance
- Personal expenses Breakfast at Everest View Hotel.
- National park fees 3500 NRS. if applicable
- Khumbu Village developers (Tax 18 USD) 2000 NRS if applicable.
- Airport Tax. ( 1.5 USD ) 200 NRS.
Everest Heli Tour Itinerary
Transfer to Kathmandu Airport from your Hotel in Thamel
On the day of the trip, we will pick you from your hotel at around 6 and take you to Tribhuvan International Airport to board the flight to the Everest Base Camp. This is the starting and the ending point of this Everest Heli Flight.
Kathmandu to Lukla Airport
After flying over the diverse valley, rivers, lush vegetations you will reach the Lukla Airport in around 45-55 minutes. This is the first time you will catch the scenic mountain views closely. The helicopter will land at the Lukla airport for fueling for around10-15 minutes. During this time, you can get to interact with the locals of the region and know about their way of living and their customs. Their warm and sweetest smiles are sure to entice you.
Lukla to Kala Patthar and EBC
After fueling, you will again board the flight towards Kala Patthar/ Base Camp(upon your preference). This 25 minutes alluring flight will offer you the closer views of Mt Everest. You will land at Kala Patthar, the highest point of the Everest Base Camp trek and catch the most spectacular views of Mt Everest closely. You can click as manu=y pictures as you want on this lap of Himalayas. You will land her for around 15-20 minutes, spend serene moments with the mountains and then board the flight bidding farewell to the highest peak in the world.
Kala Patthar to Everest View Hotel
From Kala Patthar, you will fly to the Everest View Hotel and enjoy the succulent breakfast while sitting on the lap of Himalayas. You will be spending around 45 minutes in this place where you will get to enjoy the serene views of Synagboche, the Khumjung villages and interact with the locals to know them better. After enjoying the fulfilling breakfast, you will fly back to Kathmandu which is a 1 hour 20 minutes flight. This is the final time you see the closer views of the Himalayan peaks.
Pick Up from Airport to Hotel
Once you land at the airport we will take you to your respective hotel. Spending some time there you can take a short stroll around the streets of Thamel or Basantapur.
Tips for Everest Heli Tour
- Wear windproof gears as it is quite windy in high altitude
- Wear proper clothes considering the freezing temperature of the base camp
- Wear a high SPF sunscreen, moisturizers, lip balm to prevent sunburns
- Wear a nice pair of gloves to prevent frost bites
- Choose the window seat in the helicopter to catch the best scenic flights while on flight
- Do not leave your seats during the flight unless the pilot instructs you to do so
- Come to the group so that you can get discounts on the trip
- Come prepared for the weather changes and flight cancellations.
- Do not throw anything from the helicopter during the flight.
Packing for the Everest Heli Tour
You do not have to pack heavy stuff for this trip because you will not be spending a long time in the base camp. You will be there for around 10 -15 minutes so a light packing works. You must wear in layers and a down jacket with good trekking shocks and shoes.
Some general packing for this short trip are as follows:
- Windproof down jacket and trouser
- Sun hat, cap, Scarf
- Sunglass, a high SPF sunscreen, and moisturizer
- A water bottle
- Camera, extra batteries, memory card, tripod, etc
- Light snacks, dried fruit, chocolates, etc
- Passport, photo, and permits
You will land at the highest altitude at 5555 meters so some may face symptoms of altitude sickness. For the precaution, we will provide you oxygen cylinder to help you breathe properly in the thin air.
Lastly, This short and time-saving exotic Everest Heli tour allows you to surf over the Everest region in lesser time which does not demand your physical or mental stamina and hefty preparations.
Join the tour now! And collect once in your lifetime memories. To book the trip, contact us.