- Trip GradeEasy
- Trip StyleTour
- TransportationPrivate Transport & Flight
About Everest Base Camp Tour Via Lhasa
As the name implies “The Roof of the world” Tibet is the highest plateau in the world with an average elevation above 3500 meters. Tibet physically stands north of the majestic Himalayan range which separates it from India, Nepal, and Bhutan. It is a feral land of nomads (drokpas), monasteries, yaks, sand dunes, and high altitude desert that is very large.
On this trip, we will spend the first three days in Lhasa to get used to the environment and learn about Tibetan heritage while exploring this mystical capital city. We will have a Tibetan guide with us around the famous, old and Holy Gompas (monasteries) of Lhasa, Gyantse & Shigatse, who will guide us on the niceties and mysticism of Tibetan Buddhism. Tibet is a unique spiritual destination with amazing mountain views and interesting Buddhist culture. This little over a one week trip is designed to fly you in and out from Kathmandu and back to Kathmandu with options for you to depart from any other city in China of your choice after the trip concludes in Tibet.
One of the best parts of this trip is the visit to the Everest Base Camp from where we can get panoramic and dazzling views of Mount Everest from the north side. This combo tour will give us some wonderful unforgettable memories to take back home and cherish for many winters by the fireside. Tibet with Mount Everest Base Camp tour is an all-inclusive tour of Tibet with visits to all the cultural, historic and natural landscapes of the real Tibet. This trip includes all the significant places in central and south Tibet with a visit to Rongbuk Monastery and Mt. Everest Base Camp. We drive from Shegar to Rongbuk and then hike up to Everest Basecamp. After we explore the base camp, we drive to Lhasa via Gyanste & Shigatse. After the enchanting journey, we fly back to Kathmandu, Chengdu or Beijing from Lhasa. An insightful exploration of the unique cultural and historic sites of Lhasa, Everest Base Camp, Shigatse, and Gyantse are key highlights of this tour.
Index Adventure escorts us on this all-inclusive fly in/fly out tour of Tibet i.e. Lhasa Everest Base Camp Tour showcasing the breathtaking natural beauty of this mystical region while discovering the depths of Tibet’s secret culture. We explore all the major attractions of this area and learn a lot about Tibet’s past. We take back memories that will remain fresh in our hearts and our minds of an odyssey into a Tibet where despite its autonomous status as a province governed by a foreign power, still maintains its mysticism of yore, leaving visitors bewildered as they see wandering nomads with their cattle basking in the shadows of the glittering sunlight.
- Day 1:Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa city.
- Day 2:We begin our truly interesting sightseeing in this ancient city of Lhasa.
- Day 3:Further insightful exploration in & around Lhasa.
- Day 4:Drive to Gyantse [3,950m] and Shigatse [3,900m] – 90 km.
- Day 5:Drive from Shigatse to Rongbuk via Sakya monastery, then visit Rongbuk monastery (5,000m/16,400ft): 385km, 8 – 9 hours.
- Day 6:Rongbuk – EBC [north face] – Shigatse [3,900m].
- Day 7:Shigatse to Lhasa [3,600m] – 351 km – 5-6 hrs.
- Day 8:Final departure from Lhasa to Kathmandu or China till the next destination.
- Tibet Visa Fee
- Airport Pickup/ drop service
- Hotel Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Daily Breakfast
- Private Transportation by jeep/van
- Necessary Tibet Travel Permit
- Sightseeing and Entrance fee as per the itinerary
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- All the Government and local taxes.
- All international flight cost
- Insurance of any kind
- Personal expenses like beverage, mineral water and tips
- Natural and political disturbance and unforeseen circumstance
Special advice for Lhasa city tour
- Your passport should at least 6-month valid count from traveling date and you should bring the same passport which you send us for a permit while at trip confirmation.
- Due to uncertain Chinese policy, you are advised to confirm your trip as early as possible.
- We normally do not need your medical report, insurance etc for visa and permit procedure but it is necessary to have a secure way. Obtained from your own country.
- Please don't get Chinese Visa if you are traveling from Nepal. As you need to have Tibet Group visa while traveling from Kathmandu and we will arrange all the visa and permit procedures.
Tibet tour Booking policy
- At least 6-month valid passport scan copy my email
- You also can do this trip privately if you have your own group.
- The meal plan will be Bed and Breakfast basis while in Lhasa city tour
- We expect at least 30% advance as an advance, you can pay by credit card or transfer to our company account
- Rest of the tour cost is paying before departure from Kathmandu by cash, by credit card or you can transfer to our official account