- Trip GradeStrenuous
- Trip StyleTrekking
- TransportationPrivate Transport & Flight
- Group Size02 - 16
- Max Altitude5140M
About Kanchenjunga Trekking 28 days
If trekking into the wilderness is your passion, the isolated Kanchenjunga trails are desperately waiting for you. Going out on a one-month long trek, far from home, far from cities, feels amazing. Imagine! You are walking into deeper forests, absolutely carefree embracing whatever comes along. You are definitely going to love it.
On the 14th day of your Kanchenjunga trek, you will visit Pang Pema. The wondrous trekking trails take you through mysteries to the base of Mt. Kanchenjunga. ANd guess what, the trek isn’t just this. You will again walk for 4 days before you can visit the southern base camp of Kanchenjunga. Kanchenjunga trek is an amazing trek, I must say.
Kanchenjunga is one of the less explored regions in Nepal. The trails are remote. You will see lush jungles, varying topography, rivers, waterfalls, and streams. Also, in several portions of the Kanchenjunga trail, you will walk through the landslide-prone areas. The trek is a complete package of thrill.
Aren’t you excited? Come trek with us. Let’s explore the remote villages in Kanchenjunga together. Index Adventure is a renowned trekking company in Nepal. We organize the best treks and tours in and around Nepal. If you want to trek with us, contact us.
Trip Highlights of Kanchenjunga Trekking
Base camps of Mt. Kanchenjunga: Kanchenjunga North Base Camp (Pang Pema) and Kanchenjunga South Base Camp (Oktang Base Camp)
Striking views of Mt. Jannu, Mera Peak, and several other snow giants
The remote villages in Kanchenjunga, friendly people, their culture, traditions, and languages.
Several glaciers on the way to the base camps.
Exotic biodiversity and wildlife. Chances of seeing some endangered species like musk deer, snow leopard, blue sheep, etc.
Best Time for Kanchenjunga Trekking
As most of the trekking destinations in Nepal, Kanchenjunga trekking is also highly suitable during Spring (March, April, May) and Autumn (September, October, November). Autumn and Spring in Nepal are the most stable in terms of weather changes. Moreover, temperatures during these times are favourable for trekkers to trek.
During Autumn and Spring, you’ll have a comfortable and remarkable time trekking Kanchenjunga. There are few daring trekkers who choose to do this trek in any time of the year. However, Kanchenjunga treks in monsoon and winter are really tough. This is due to weather instability and unfavourable trekking environment.
Trek Difficulties during Kanchenjunga Trekking
Camping during Kanchenjunga Trekking is a major difficulty. Camp trekking is a bit tough to manage during long treks like Kanchenjunga.
The trek duration for Kanchenjunga trek is also longer. Sometimes, due to remoteness and continuous walking in the wilderness, trekkers feel exhausted in the middle of the trek.
Trekking to Kanchenjunga North base camp is quite tough, trekkers say. The trail is more steep and risky.
Altitude matters while trekking in Nepal. Kanchenjunga is a high altitude trek. So, you must be aware of altitude sickness, it’s causes, signs and preventive measures. Drink plenty of water, walk slowly.
There are few landslide-prone sections in Annapurna. You must be really careful while doing those.
Injuries may occur while ascending or descending. Be careful!
- Day 1:Arrival to Kathmandu.
- Day 2:Sightseeing around Kathmandu.
- Day 3:Fly from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur and drive to Ilam.
- Day 4:Drive to Taplejung (1,820m).
- Day 5:Trek to Sinuwa (980m).
- Day 6:Trek to Taplethok (1,380m).
- Day 7:Trek to Sakathum (1,575m).
- Day 8:Trek to Amjilosa (2,310m).
- Day 9:Trek to Gyabla (2,730m).
- Day 10:Trek to Gunsa (3,595m).
- Day 11:Acclimatization day in Ghunsa.
- Day 12:Trek to Khambachen (4,050m).
- Day 13:Trek to Lhonak (4,780m).
- Day 14:Trek to Kanchenjunga Base camp (5,140m) and back to Lhonak.
- Day 15:Trek to Ghunsa (3,595m).
- Day 16:Trek to Sele la Kharka (4,200m).
- Day 17:Trek over Sele la Pass – trek down to Tseram (3,870m).
- Day 18:Trek to Oktang Base camp (4,730m) and back to Ramche (4,580m).
- Day 19:Trek back to Tseram (3,870m).
- Day 20:Trek to Lamite Bhanjyang (3,370m).
- Day 21:Trek to Yamphudin (1,690m).
- Day 22:Trek to Phumphe (1,780m).
- Day 23:Trek to Kunjari (1,700m).
- Day 24:Trek to Taplejung (1,580m).
- Day 25:Drive to Birtamod.
- Day 26:Flight to Kathmandu from Bhadrapur.
- Day 27:Leisure day in Kathmandu.
- Day 28:Departure.
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle.
- Four nights Kathmandu hotel with Breakfast.
- Trekking lodge (Tea House) and homestay accommodations during the trek.
- Three meals a day during the trek.
- Special Trekking permits, Conservation permits, and other required paper documents.
- Bus or public shared jeep transport Birtomood -Ilam- Suketar and again same way back to Britamood after the trek.
- Round trip flight fare Kathmandu-Bhadrapur-Kathmandu) with airport tax and pick up and drop.
- A highly experienced, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Strong, helpful porters with proper equipment (one porter for two people).
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel Insurance Company.
- Sleeping bag & Duffel Bag (if you do not have your own, to be returned after trip completion).
- Guided city tour as per above itinerary with private vehicle.
- Farewell & Trekking Achievement Certificate.
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu
- Nepal entry visa fee (easily issued upon your arrival at International Airport with 2 passport size photos and $40 dollar for a 30-day visa)
- Your Travel Mountain Rescue Insurance
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Drinks (except water refills and tea/coffee during breakfast) and desserts, snacks
- Hot shower, battery charging and use of wifi on the tea houses.
- Tips for guide and Potter.
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour entrance fee.