- Trip GradeEasy
- Trip StyleTrekking
- TransportationPrivate Vechiles & Local Bus
- MealsBreakfast in cities & full board meals in trek
- Accommodation2 star hotel in cities & tea house / Lodge on trek
- Group Size02 - 16
- Max Altitude4,990 M
- Single Supplement135 USD
About Langtang Valley Trek - 10 days
Langtang valley trek is all about a delightful trekking through lush green forest embellished with red rhododendron, shimmering Himalayas, and astounding wildlife alongside rich insight to rich Tibetan culture. The Langtang National Park features some of the exclusive wildlife available on earth. However, the key attractions of this region are an assortment of landscapes, alluring natural beauty, off beaten trekking trails, tiny teahouses, insight to rich Tibetan culture and Tamang settlement along with views of majestic Himalayan ranges such as Langtang range, Ganesh Himal (7422m) etc. Thusly, the best reason to explore Langtang valley would be autumn.
The 10 days Langtang Valley Trek can turn as a time well spent if you are a person who enjoys walking in your own space, surrounded by nature. The warm, welcoming gestures at your arrival makes the stay comfortable and gives you additional power to continue trekking. The cold refreshing breeze fades on you as you walk past terrains viewing the fantastic landscape and the mesmerizing snow peaks such as the Ganesh, Kerung and Langtang ranges.
The Tamang and Buddhist cultures make the Langtang Valley Trek even more interesting. The colourful pray flags on the monastery add up to the beauty of what Langtang Valley Trek has to offer. The tea houses you come across on the trekking route offers delicious meals energizing you. The monastery Kyangin Gompa is the highlight of the Langtang Valley Trek. As you ascend Langtang valley trekking route map to Tserko Ri (4990m) from Kyangin Gompa, the cold refreshing breeze fades you with a fantastic landscape with close up view of Tserko Ri. There is a possibility that you can see a red panda, musk deer, Himalayan black beer, Himalayan Thar, Ghoral, rhesus monkey and the Langur; depending on the trekker's luck. The chirping birds, walk by the clear river and through the jungle, rocks, glacier makes every step on the Langtang Valley Trek a memorable one.
As per the local belief, the red rock situated at Langtang Valley Trek route got the reddish appearance after a yak of a holy man was found dead in the then placed named Langsisa, now famously known as Langtang. Lang stands for Yak and Sisa stands for dies. It is also highly recommended that you trek during spring which falls from March to May and during autumn which falls from September to November if you want to avoid trekking during the winter as the weather is crucial for any trek to be joyous.
Devastating earthquake 2015 made severe damage in Langtang region. But after two years of an earthquake, Langtang was ready to serve the tourists. As of now, teahouses were re-build in most of the trekking destinations and along the trekking trails. Trekking trails condition is safe and sound to walk. Langtang valley is as beautiful as it was and besides that, through this trekking, you will helping communities in improving their livelihood. Show you care and love to Langtang.
Index Adventure has highly professional and experienced team members. Index Adventure takes care of all the necessary things from getting the government permit to guiding the trekkers safely. The safety of the trekkers is always a first priority of the company and its people.
- Day 1:Arrival at Kathmandu (1,350m).
- Day 2:Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi (1,467m) – 7-8 Hours.
- Day 3:Trek from Syabru Besi to Lama Hotel (2,470m) - 5 Hours.
- Day 4:Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3,430m) - 6 Hours.
- Day 5:Trek from Langtang Village to Kyangin Gompa (3,870m) - 3 Hours.
- Day 6:Trek to Tserko Ri (4,990m) back To Kyangin Gompa.
- Day 7:Trek from Kyangin Gompa to Lama Hotel - 2,490m - 6 Hours.
- Day 8:Trek down to Syabru Besi - 2,000 m.
- Day 9:Drive back to Kathmandu by Jeep/Local Bus.
- Day 10:Departure to International Airport.
- Tourists class transportation to and from the airport and hotel.
- Local bus Kathmandu-SyabruBesi-Kathmandu.
- 2 Nights standards Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Trekking lodge / Teahouse accommodations during the trek.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- Government Licensed Holder trekking guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Porter during the Trekking (1 Potter for 2 trekkers) with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Supporter guide group size above 8+ people.
- All necessary paperwork and Langtang National Park entry permit, Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) including local Tax, Government tax & official expenses.
- Sleeping bag, down Jacket & Duffel Bag (if you do not have your own, to be returned after trip completion).
- An arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag.
- Farewell Dinner & Trekking Achievement Certificate.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu city.
- Extra night accommodation and meals if early departure from the mountain.
- Nepal visa fee (You can apply for Online or you can easily issue the visa on arrival at International Airport Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance (necessary).
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks & all desserts sweet things.
- Hot shower and battery charging in trekking Mountains.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in including section.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is voluntary).
Our Lantang valley trek with Index Adventure was nothing less than fantastic. With the company's informed advice, we managed this trek to best fit our requirements. I mean they were not just quick to respond but equally competent with the knowledge necessary. Personally, I am confident that only a local ...Read More
I still remember standing on the top of Tsergo-Ri at a soaring high of 4,990 meters with the gigantic Himalayas almost at eye level in all directions. Our visit to the Yala Cheese factory at 4,633 meters was also very exciting. I had thought of trekking in Nepal for quite ...Read More