- Trip GradeModerate
- Trip StyleTrekking
- Group Size02 - 16
- Max Altitude4500 M
- Single Supplement190 USD
About Mardi Himal Trekking
Mardi Himal lies to the east of Annapurna Base Camp, underneath the glorious Machhapuchhre. The highest elevation of this trekking route is 4500 meters at the Mardi Himal Base Camp from where one can see the breathtaking views of Annapurna range and Hiunchuli. The trail also dives into rhododendron forests with splendid views of the mountains throughout. The blend of different landscapes from cattle grazing fields to snowcapped mountains, the warmth of locals residing in patches and the experience of nature’s wilderness are some major attributes of this off beaten trail. This trek of moderate difficulty is suited for everyone needing a short and quick escape to rejuvenate themselves.
Trekking in Nepal always brings out exciting opportunities for trekkers who seek to relish in the scenic beauty of remote places. Located in the east of Nepal’s most renowned trail, Annapurna Base Camp trek, Mardi Himal (5587m) sits firmly underneath the beautiful Mt. Machhapuchhre (6993m). Mardi Himal trek is a newly opened trek in the Annapurna region and is a remote trek with no tea houses, en route. Following the shadow trail of Mardi Himal, the trekkers will get to enjoy the mesmerizing view of the Annapurna range and Hiunchuli (6441m) from Mardi Himal Base Camp (4500m).
The short trek Route map to Mardi Himal Base Camp starts as you leave Kathmandu for the lake city of Pokhara. You trek along numbers of camps following a remote and narrow trail to reach the base camp of the stunning Mardi Himal. From the base camp, the trekkers can relish the beautiful view of Mt. Machhapuchhre tagging along with the Annapurna range which seems to be just a foot far from the trekkers. Along the way, trekkers may come across various other nature’s beauty such as amazing rhododendron forests which can be observed throughout the trekking period, Danphe pheasant composing their beautiful melodies, yak grazing in the pasturelands, glacial valleys, and the panorama of Annapurna range, Mt. Machhapuchhre and the Mardi Himal itself. The trekkers can also get the glimpse of day-to-day struggles faced by local people of that region, and also be familiar with the culture of Gurung, Chemjong, and other localities residing in that region. The trekkers will mostly camp as there are no teahouses on the trail; however, in the more accessible places, the trekkers will stay the night in a home-stay or a hotel.
We, Index Adventure are the group of travel enthusiasts who are offering to provide thrilling trekking experience in Nepal. Index Adventure has been providing these types of trekking packages for many years. We provide you with packages that are guaranteed to make your stay in the country delightful. We also provide you with vehicle services for your optimum comforts during your stay.
- Day 1:Drive to Kade and trek to Deurali.
- Day 2:Deurali to Low Camp.
- Day 3:Low Camp to High Camp to Mardi Himal Base Camp back to High Camp.
- Day 4:Morning hike to sunrise View point - Mardi Himal Base Camp back to badal danda .High Camp to Siding
- Day 5:Trek to Siding & Drive to Pokhara
- Both ways Transport Pokhara to Kande (Trekking start) and siding to Pokhara (trek end)
- Trekking lodge / Teahouse accommodations: 4 Nights during the trek (generally Twin sharing Room).
- All standard meals (5 Breakfasts, 5 Lunch, and 4 Dinners) during the trek.
- Government Licensed Holder trekking guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport, and insurance.
- Porter during the Trekking (1 Potter for 2 trekkers/limit weight 20 kg ) with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport, and insurance.
- Supporter guide group size above 8+ people.
- All necessary paperwork and entry permits (ACAP), Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) including local Tax, Government tax & official expenses.
- Sleeping bag, Duffel bag, and down Jacket (if you do not have your own, to be returned after trip completion).
- An arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid for by your Travel insurance company.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag.
- Farewell Dinner & Trekking Achievement Certificate.
- International airfare.
- Nepal visa fee (You can apply Online or you can easily issue the visa on arrival at International Airport Kathmandu) 15 days: USD 30, 30 Days USD 50 & 90 Days: USD 125.
- All accommodations, meals, & transport to Kathmandu and Pokhara, before and after the journey.
- Extra night accommodation and meals if early departure from the mountain.
- Travel and rescue insurance (necessary).
- While you are in the trekking period: Boiled /bottled water, hot tea/coffee, cold drinks, desserts, hot shower, alcohol, battery charging & wifi.
- Additional Costs or delays caused due to Circumstances beyond our control Example: bad weather conditions, landslides, illness of government policies, strikes.
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned in the included section.
- Tips for the guide & porter.
We had been to mardi himal trek from 16th to 20 October through index adventure, our tour guide prakash,porters sagar and santosh, four trekkers,including me .our trek started with a tata winger ride of 2 hours from pokhara to kande. It was a pleasant Wednesday morning and the weather was ...Read More
We are a couple from Denmark. The amazing landscape of the Himalayas had attracted our attention since long. This year we decided. But, the problem was what trek to choose given the time and budget constraints as well as the altitude concerns we had. After consulting a few tour operators, ...Read More
We went to Nepal in April this year to celebrate our anniversary. We took the service of Index Adventure as our tour operator. We have to admit that Keshab and his team were not only professional but also friendly and caring. With the help of their expertise, we had planned ...Read More