- Trip GradeModerate
- TransportationPrivate Vechiles & Local Bus
- MealsBreakfast in cities & full board meals in trek
- Accommodation2 star hotel in cities & tea house / Lodge on trek
- Group Size02 - 16
- Max Altitude4,380 M
- Single Supplement95 USD
About Short Gosainkunda Lake Trek
Bestowing the chance to explore the approximately unblemished areas of Nepal along with the natural delights, Short Gosainkunda Lake trek is one of the spectacular short trekking spots of Nepal. Situated at an elevation of 4,380m above sea level towards the north of Kathmandu valley, Gosainkunda holds a great religious significance. The key attraction of this trek is alluring mountain views, pristine landscapes, exploration of rich Tibetan culture and the traces of Buddhism. With the availability of good accommodation facility, Gosainkunda Lake trekking is both naturally and religiously astonishing destination dwelling beautiful trails. Autumn and spring would be the best season to initiate Short Gosainkunda Lake trekking.
Providing the beautiful panoramic view of towering mountain tops and colossal freshwater lakes is the short Gosainkunda Lake trekking route at an altitude of 4380 meters. Famous Himalayan ranges seen are Langtang, Annapurna ranges, and Ganesh Himal. Gosainkunda Lake trekking has mountainous geographical structure amongst forest and countryside villages. This itinerary lies in the Everest region and is of moderate difficulty. Gosainkunda Lake has its distinctive religious importance in Hinduism and Buddhism. Based on the Hindu myth, Lord Shiva is said to have extracted holy water by thrusting his trident (Trishul) into the mountain to cool his throat after swallowing poison hence forming the present day Gosainkunda Lake. This region has people of different ethical groups like Newar, Brahman, Chhetri, Gurung, etc. settling together. Rasuwa, the district where Gosainkunda is located, shares border with China. So, Tibet shares quite a bit of Buddhism influence and culture with locals of Gosainkunda area. There is a lot of local life and natural sceneries to witness along the beautiful trail. Gosainkunda Lake trekking is a perfect escape from a busy urban lifestyle to get lost in the untouched and unpolluted parts of nature. Guest houses and lodges are available for guest accommodation.
Devastating earthquake 2015 made severe damage in Langtang region. But after two years of an earthquake, Langtang was ready to serve the tourists. As of now, teahouses were re-build in most of the trekking destinations and along the trekking trails. Trekking trails condition is safe and sound to walk. Langtang valley is as beautiful as it was and besides that, through this trekking, you will helping communities in improving their livelihood. Show you care and love to Langtang.
Index Adventure has years of experiences of guiding adventure lovers into the wilderness of Nepal. Rich local culture and diversified natural ranges make Nepal perfect visit destination. March to May and September to December are the recommended visit season to experience fullest of the Gosainkunda area. By promoting adventurous treks like short Gosainkunda Lake trekking, Index Adventure is all about encouraging and publicizing one of a kind beauty and richness of Nepal.
- Day 1:Drive from Kathmandu to Dhunche (1,764 m).7-8 hours’ drive.
- Day 2:Trek from Dhunche to Sing Gompa (3,580 m).5-6 hours walk.
- Day 3:Trek from Sing Gompa to Gosainkunda (4,380 m). 5-6 hours walk
- Day 4:Trek from Gosainkunda to Sing Gompa (3,580 m). 5-6 hours walk.
- Day 5:Trek from Sing Gompa to Dhunche (1,764 m). 5-6 hours walk.
- Day 6:Drive from Dhunche to Kathmandu (1,400 m).7-8 hours’ drive.
- Tourists class transportation to and from the airport and hotel.
- Local bus Kathmandu-Dunche-Kathmandu.
- 2 Nights standards Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Trekking lodge / Teahouse accommodations during the trek.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- Government Licensed Holder trekking guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Porter during the Trekking (1 Potter for 2 trekkers) with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Supporter guide group size above 8+ people.
- All necessary paperwork and Langtang National Park entry permit, Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) including local Tax, Government tax & official expenses.
- Sleeping bag, down Jacket & Duffel Bag (if you do not have your own, to be returned after trip completion).
- An arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag.
- Farewell Dinner & Trekking Achievement Certificate.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu city.
- Extra night accommodation and meals if early departure from the mountain.
- Nepal visa fee (You can apply for Online or you can easily issue the visa on arrival at International Airport Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance (necessary).
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks & all desserts sweet things.
- Hot shower and battery charging in trekking Mountains.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in including section.
- Tips for the guide, porter, and driver (Tipping is voluntary).