- Trip GradeModerate
- Trip StyleTrekking
- TransportationPrivate Vechiles & Local Bus
- MealsBreakfast in cities & full board meals in trek
- Accommodation2 star hotel in cities & tea house / Lodge on trek
- Group Size02 - 16
- Max Altitude3165 M
- Single Supplement120 USD
About Tamang Heritage Trek
A cherry trip through rhododendron forests as we hike through scenic mountainous rural villages.
Tamang heritage trek in the domains of Langtang to the vibrant Tamang villages offering the exploration of itinerant lifestyle has been emerging as the new trekking destinations around the globe. Tamang heritage trekking is comprised of delightful views of Mt. Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal and other Tibetan peaks, insight to stunning Tibetan Buddhist culture. The key features of this trek are the astounding vistas of the iconic snowcapped mountains from Syabru, devising rich Tamang culture and tradition, assorted trip activities such as mountain climbing, mountain biking etc., and amazing wildlife of Langtang national park. Anyone willing to experience Tamang culture and tradition alongside some vibrant natural beauty with basal trekking trails can go for the Tamang Heritage trek.
The newly discovered Tamang Heritage Trails is a cultural trek through vibrant Tamang villages in Langtang having amazing magnificent views of Ganesh Himal and Langtang range which lies north of Kathmandu near Langtang National Park. This trek is the perfect way of celebrating your love for Mother Nature. The Tamang Heritage trek includes the lush mid hill villages of Nepal and the rich culture of the people who live here. This trip offers you towering peaks, generous verdant forests, hanging bridges and random snow leopard sightings in the epic background. This 10 days trek route map trek journey to the beautiful Langtang region is the greatest chance for trekkers to learn about the unique culture of the Tamang community. The breathtaking views on this trail give you excellent opportunities for some good pictures and we get opportunities to make a lot of cultural exchanges with the local folks.
Along with this journey, you will get to discover interesting Tibetan history and culture in this region. You can also witness the trading routes of Tibet-Nepal from where ancient bartering between two countries existed for centuries. Mostly Buddhist people live in this region and they grow some hardy grains and vegetable as a food crop. Their daily activities include agriculture and raising livestock and trade. The people of this area are known for wearing attractive colourful costumes and their houses are decorated with fabulous woodcarvings. They are always ready to welcome us with warm smiles.
This marvellous trek has many things to offer for hikers, the dazzling views of snowcapped mountains are amazing to observe from Syabru, and we witness some great local dances at Goljung, Brimdang and Gatlang villages located just near the Tibetan border. We also enjoy the well known, warm generosity of the Tamang community at Briddim where accommodation with local families is available; this will give us long-lasting memories. After all this, we move ahead towards the narrow valley of Kyanjing Gompa at 3,900m down the stunning Langtang Khola relishing majestic views. Finally, our journey comes to an end at the same place where it started - Dhunche in Syabru benshi.
- Day 1:Arrival at Kathmandu (1,350m).
- Day 2:Drive by local Bus /Jeep to Syabrubesi 7 to 8 hrs, 1,467m.
- Day 3:Trek to Gatlang 2,240 m, 5 hrs.
- Day 4:Trek to Tatopani (2,607m) 6/7 hrs walk.
- Day 5:Trek to Thuman (2,338m) via Nagthali hillock – 6-7 hrs walk.
- Day 6:Trek from Thuman to Timure (1,762m.) which takes about five hours.
- Day 7:Trek to Briddim village (2,229m) 5/6 hrs walk.
- Day 8:Trek to Syabru Besi 3 hrs walk.
- Day 9:Drive back to Kathmandu by Jeep/Local Bus.
- Day 10:Departure.
- Tourists class transportation to and from the airport and hotel.
- Local bus Kathmandu-SyabruBesi-Kathmandu.
- 2 Nights standards Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Trekking lodge / Teahouse accommodations during the trek.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- Government Licensed Holder trekking guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Porter during the Trekking (1 Potter for 2 trekkers) with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Supporter guide group size above 8+ people.
- All necessary paperwork and Langtang National Park entry permit, Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) including local Tax, Government tax & official expenses.
- Sleeping bag, Down jacket & Duffel Bag (if you do not have your own, to be returned after trip completion).
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag.
- Farewell Dinner & Trekking Achievement Certificate.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu city.
- Extra night accommodation and meals if early departure from the mountain.
- Nepal visa fee (You can apply for Online or you can easily issue the visa on arrival at International Airport Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance (necessary).
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks & all desserts sweet things.
- Hot shower and battery charging in trekking Mountains.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in including section.
- Tips for the guide, porter, and driver (Tipping is voluntary).