- Trip GradeModerate
- Trip StyleTrekking
- TransportationPrivate Vechiles & Domestic Flight
- MealsBreakfast in cities & full board meals in trek
- Accommodation2 star hotel in cities & tea house / Lodge on trek
- Group Size02 - 16
- Max Altitude4210M
About Upper Mustang Trek
A confined territory of Mustang offers voyagers with astounding remote trans-Himalayan trekking experience. The concealed world of the archival Buddhist kingdom, Upper Mustang preserves the glorious Tibetan culture. Tiji festival celebrated midst of monsoon to relish the victory over demons is the major attraction of Upper Mustang. The key attractions of this region are off beaten path, pristine natural beauty, the combo of iconic snow-capped Himalayas and deserted land, rich Tibetan culture and Buddhist sanctuaries. Upper Mustang is an ideal destination for those who love strolling in the exotic destinations. The ancient caves and the deserted crags are further appealing to the Himalayas behind. The archival city, Lo Manthang holds a great religious value and history. Monsoon is also regarded as the best time to head for the trek.
Upper Mustang Trek is an epic journey to the hidden kingdom of Nepal, which is still the mystery for the travelers. It lies in the restricted region of the Mustang district, beyond the Annapurna Himalayas. Upper Mustang is an isolated part, which has got desert landscape that is similar to the Tibetan terrain. The ultimate destination of this trek is the stone-walled Upper Mustang.
Upper Mustang remained unknown to the world till some decades ago. This trek let you discover the hidden facts of the Tibetan influenced communities. The traditionally settled villages, monasteries, chhortens and mani walls along with the colorful barley, potato, and buckwheat fields have prevailed throughout the trail of Upper Mustang. The sandy cliffs and caves are appealing that are further alluring with the Himalayas at the backdrop. The stone-walled Lo-Manthang is a town loaded with traditional values. They have preserved their antique culture and social traditions from centuries ago. Exploring the spiritual awe-inspiring social structures and cultural heritages, Upper Mustang Trekking offers the lifelong memories.
Index Adventure excellently organizes Upper Mustang Trek 17 Days with the overall arrangements. If you want to know further details, feel free to contact us.
- Day 1:Arrival at Kathmandu,1,350m.
- Day 2:Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing.
- Day 3:Drive to Pokhara, 6 to 7 hours by drive.
- Day 4:Fly from pokhara to Jomsom & trek to Kagbeni (2,858m),3-4 hrs.
- Day 5:Trek to Chele 3,050m. 5-6 hrs.
- Day 6:Trek to Syanbochen 3,475m 6-7 hrs.
- Day 7:Trek to Ghaymi 3,520m, 5-6 hrs.
- Day 8:Trek to Charang, 3,500m, 4-5 hrs.
- Day 9:Trek to Lo-Mangthang 3,700m, 5-6 hrs.
- Day 10:Explore Lo-Mangthang.
- Day 11:Trek to Drakmar 3,810 m, 6-7 hrs.
- Day 12:Trek Ghiling 3,806m, 5-6 hrs.
- Day 13:Trek to Chhuksang 3,050m, 5-6 hrs.
- Day 14:Trek back to Jomsom 2,700m, 6-7 hrs.
- Day 15:Fly back to Pokhara.
- Day 16:Drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 17:Departure to International Airport.
- Tourists class transportation to and from the airport and hotel.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with a private vehicle.
- 3 Nights standards Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- 2 Nights standards Hotel in Pokhara with breakfast.
- Tourist bus Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu.
- Flight ticket ( Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara) with airport pickup and drop and airport tax included.
- Trekking lodge /Teahouse accommodations during the trek.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- All necessary paperwork and entry permits (ACAP), special Upper Mustang permit, Government tax & official expenses.
- Government Licensed Holder trekking guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Porter during the Trekking (1 Potter for 2 trekkers) with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, and insurance.
- Supporter guide group size above 8+ people.
- Sleeping bag, Down jacket & Duffel Bag (if you do not have your own, to be returned after trip completion).
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag.
- Farewell Dinner & Trekking Achievement Certificate.
- International airfare.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs).
- Travel and rescue insurance (necessary).
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu & Pokhara city.
- Kathmandu sightseeing fees
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, bottle or boiled water & Hot Drinks Tea and Coffee, Hot Shower, Batteries charge, Heater during the Trek and Sweet things like desert).
- Extra night accommodation and meals if early departure from the mountain.
- Tips for the guide, porter. (Tipping is voluntary).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in including the section
This was a truly amazing travel experience. The landscape hidden behind towering Annapurnas and Dhaulagiri is a wonder and so are the people and their ways. I loved the grand canyons, ancient caves, and all those centuries-old monasteries. The king and Teji festival at Lho also captured my imagination.I was ...Read More
We have recently completed our second trek with Index Adventure. It was trip arranged by Mr keshab from index Adventure .everything is perfect and tip and top services with reliable price & Trip was proper adventure .it was expensive trip but never forgettable in my life because of Annapurna mountains ...Read More