- Trip Duration 6 Days
- Price from US$ 1810
- Trip Grade Easy
- Trip Style Tour
- Max Person 02 - 16
- Transportation Private Transport & Flight
- Destination Bhutan
- Single Supplement 170
About Historical Bhutan Tour
The kingdom of Bhutan is has a rich and glorious history. Through the dynasties that have ruled the country, it has always retained the essence of Buddhist cultures and traditions. From the beautiful Memorial Chorten to the ruins of Drukgyel Dozng, the country has remarkable historical monuments which signify the art and architecture of the past age with grace. Bhutan Historical Tour is for those who love to know the history of Buddhism and country itself.
Experience life in the capital city, Thimpu where the people are renowned for their hospitality. The glorious fort of Tashichho Dzong is located in this city. As you visit this fort which also serves as a monastery, you will notice the beautiful architecture and the paintings around the walls which depict a story from history. The Memorial Chorten is also a remarkable landmark which was built in the memory of Late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk.
As you move through your tour, you will also come across the National Library which consists of precious ancient books and writings. You will also witness the collection of Thangkha paintings this library has amassed over the years. A Thangka is a traditional Tibetan Buddhist painting which is famous for its vibrant colors and intense detailing.
As you travel through cities like Punakha and Paro, you will also witness the grandeur of numerous high mountains this kingdom of hills has to offer. From mountains such as Tsendagang to Zongphugang, you will see marvelous views of such high mountains. Punakha Dzong, a majestic structure, is one of the most important historical structure, known to be amongst the oldest and largest Dzong to be built in the country.
Index Adventure has brought forth this trip to give to the enriching experience of the history of Bhutan equipped with well-informed guides. Bhutan Historical Tour has been planned to obtain maximum efficiency in travel and costs. Index Adventure hopes that this will be a worthwhile experience and also take pleasure in hoping that you will join us in further endeavors as well.
- Day 01: Fly Paro and Drive to Thimpu
- Day 02: Thimpu
- Day 03: Thimpu/ Punakha (75 Km, 3 Hours)/ Wangdue
- Day 04: Punakha - Paro (125 Km, 4 Hours)
- Day 05: Paro
- Day 06: Depart Paro
- Private transportation
- Necessary Bhutan travel permits
- English speaking Bhutanese guide and Driver
- Accommodation on Twin sharing/ Single room basis.
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Meal plan: Full Board Basis
- Bhutan Government Royalty fee ($ 65 per person / per day)
- Bhutan Visa fee
- Flight fare Kathmandu- Paro- Kathmandu.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Additional cost due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstance
- Personal expenses such as drink, guide tips & etc.
Checklist for Bhutan Tour
- Valid passport (valid for six months from the date of your trip)
- One other picture ID, such as driver’s license (in case of emergency and for use as a substitute of passport or in case of loss of your passport) Photocopy of passport page to carry in a wallet
- Air tickets (Make a copy of flight tickets which may be helpful, in case of loss)
- Visa Clearance (Make a copy of visa clearance which may be helpful, in case of emergencies)
- MasterCard, Visa Credit, and Debit Cards are accepted in Bhutan. However, travelers’ cheques and some cash are highly recommended.
- Mobile (if your cell phone is from CINGULLAR USA or ATNT (USA) operators then your cell phone will work in Bhutan.)
WHAT TO BRING DURING THE TOUR IN BHUTAN
- Warm Jackets with waterproof or raincoats
- Hiking shorts (for men) or skirt
- Winter clothes
- Hiking/trekking boots
- Socks for hiking boots Sunscreen for lips and face
- Long and short T-shirts or cotton shirts
- Sun Hats
- Walking Sticks
- Backpack or Suitcase
DRESS CODE FOR VISITING FORTRESSES, MONASTERIES, AND TEMPLES IN BHUTAN
- Shirt (either half or full sleeve)
- Full pants/long skirts
- Any type of shoes with socks
- No Hats, No Umbrella, No Slippers, No t-shirts, No short skirt and No half-pants
- Photographs allowed in the courtyard only.