- Trip Duration 17 Days
- Trip Grade Strenuous
- Trip Style Trekking & Peak Climb
- Max Person 02 - 16
- Meals Breakfast in cities , full board meals trek & Climb
- Accomodation 2 star hotel in cities & tea house & tent in mountaion
- Transportation Private Vechiles & Domestic Flight
- Max.Altitude 6,189 M
About Everest Base Camp with Island Peak Climb
Suitable for the high altitude climbers offering some of the absolutely mesmerizing parts of Nepal, Everest Base Camp trek with Island peak climbing is a perfect adventurous trip activity for adventure sprinters around the globe. The key features of this trip are an exploration of assorted landscapes, insight to Sherpa settlement; a chance to relish mountainous vistas and unbound natural beauty. Situated in Khumbu region of Solukhumbu district, island peak (6,189m) is one of the major peaks that are well renowned for climbing events. Autumn and spring are regarded as the best season to explore Everest base camp. Since the trekking trail gets strenuous as you ascend, one must be physically fit to explore the region.
Everest Base Camp with island peak climb is a popular combo experience amongst travelers from all around the world. This is designed for high altitude climbers with past experience of climbing. This journey takes you through some of the most amazing and beautiful parts of Nepal, to some of the highest points in the world. All through the journey, the beautiful sight of rocky mountainous terrain, along with strings of prayer flags and small Chorten scattered across the region keeps you company and brings serenity to you while you trek and climb. What could be a better journey than this?
Island peak (6189m) also known as Imja Tse is one of the major climbing peaks in the Khumbu region that needs physical fitness with little technical aspects. The uniqueness of this trips is what makes this journey a challenging one. If you want to challenge the inner adventurer in you to get out from your comfort zone and scale new heights, then Everest Base Camp Trek with island peak climbing is the perfect trip for you.
Everest Base Camp with island peak climbing starts from the quaint town of Lukla which will then proceed to the beautiful village of Namche Bazaar majorly inhabited by the Sherpa community. Along your way, you will meet the local people with who you can interact to gain perspective of life in the remote regions. You will also trek to the summit of Kala Patthar, a modest peak in the outskirts of Dingboche, from where the close-up view of snowy peaks such as Everest, Nuptse, and Changtse among some, at the time of sunrise makes up for an ethereal view. As we descend back to Dingboche on the 11th day, our journey to island peak climbing starts. On next day we will trek to island peak base camp and prepare ourselves for a summit. Next morning is the key day of this journey as we ascend to Island Peak. Top of the island Peak provides a spectacular view of Khumbu valley along with Mt. Cho Polu (6,734m), Mt. Makalu (8,475), Nuptse (7,879m), Lhotse (8,501m), Baruntse (7129m) and Amadablam (6812m).
Index Adventure has brought you this tested itinerary which provides you with a unique trail. Safety has also been given special regards as the treks are well equipped with guides with advanced knowledge of the region. With extensive expertise in this field, Index Adventure guarantees a beautiful journey ahead which will be a milestone in your life you will fondly look back to.
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu. (1350m)
- Day 02: Preparations for trip.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla and head to Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft)
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazar (3,440m/11,283ft)
- Day 05: Acclimatization Day at Namche (3,440m/11,283ft)
- Day 06: Namche Bazar to Tengboche (3,870/12,694ft)
- Day 07: Tengboche to Pheriche (3,440m/11,283ft)
- Day 08: Acclimatization at Pheriche (3,440m/11,283ft).
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4940m/16,207ft).
- Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m/17,594ft) - via Gorak Shep (5170 m/16,961ft)
- Day 11: Morning Kalapatthar sunrise (5545m/18,192ft) and trek down to Dingboche
- Day 12: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (5,200m/17,060ft).
- Day 13: Climb to Island Peak summit and back to base camp (6,189m/20,305ft).
- Day 14: Trek to Dingboche (4,360/14,300ft).
- Day 15: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,280ft)
- Day 16: Trek down to Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft) 6-7 hours.
- Day 17: Fly Back to Kathmandu,(1,300m/4,264ft)
- Day 18: Departure to International Airport.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu. (1350m)You will arrive in Kathmandu. Our representatives will aid you towards your hotel. A glorious city, Kathmandu offers you the best in cuisines and cultural heritage with a touch of modernity amongst the people. The ambiance may catch you off guard due to the city’s wonderful unpredictability in term of lifestyle and traditions. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Preparations for trip.You will spend your day making preparations for your further journey. These preparations include a basic overview of what to expect and making sure that you have the necessary papers as well as the necessary amenities for you to travel.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla and head to Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft)From Kathmandu, you will take a short but panoramic flight to the beautiful town of Lukla. Lukla is a major rest stop for travelers journeying in the Everest region and is home to one of the highest airports in the world- Tenzing Hillary Airport. From Lukla, you will trek towards the village of Phakding that lies in the Dudh Koshi River Valley. The trail is considerably easy with beautiful views of hills and the Dudh Koshi River. Overnight in Phakding.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazar (3,440m/11,283ft)From Phakding, you will trek towards the village of Namche Bazaar, inhabited mostly by the famous Sherpa community of Nepal. This layout of this village is unique as it seems as it is carved on the sides of a hill. This village also offers you beautiful views of Everest in all its glory. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Acclimatization Day at Namche (3,440m/11,283ft)This day will be spent as a rest day in order for you to be used to the climate of the region. This helps prevent cases of altitude sickness. In the meantime, you can choose to explore the beautiful village of Namche Bazaar including the markets while you get a chance to interact with the locals.
Day 06: Namche Bazar to Tengboche (3,870/12,694ft)From Namche Bazaar, you will trek towards the village of Tengboche. This village is famous for housing Tengboche Monastery, one of the largest monasteries in the region and upon visiting this place you are sure to gain perspective to the culture and traditions of the Tibetan Buddhists. Overnight in Tengboche.
Day 07: Tengboche to Pheriche (3,440m/11,283ft)From Tengboche, you will take a trail towards the village of Pheriche. The trail is beautiful, with the wide expanse of barren hillsides and grazing meadows. The village itself offers you beautiful views of Everest ranges surrounding its skyline. Overnight in Pheriche.
Day 08: Acclimatization at Pheriche (3,440m/11,283ft).Once again, you will spend the day getting used to the climate of the region at the altitude of 4371m. In the meantime, you can choose to explore the village of Pheriche and its surrounding areas which also include the Tsola River above which it is situated.
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4940m/16,207ft).From the village of Pheriche, trek towards the village of Lobuche. By this time in the journey, you will have gotten used to the trail of this region, including the slopes and the barren hills. This village offers a beautiful skyline of a massive Everest and its various surrounding mountains, including its namesake Mt Lobuche. Overnight in Lobuche.
Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m/17,594ft) - via Gorak Shep (5170 m/16,961ft)You will trek towards Gorak Shep. At the altitude of 5164m, this place houses a settlement of nomadic people almost half a year, due to which Gorak Shep is also considered to be one of the highest settlements in the world. From Gorak Shep, you will trek towards Everest Base Camp. Strings of prayer flags and stacked stones accompany you through various spots on your trail. The view from the Base Camp is incredible- close-up of the entire Everest range. You will also trek back towards Gorak Shep. Overnight in Gorak Shep.
Day 11: Morning Kalapatthar sunrise (5545m/18,192ft) and trek down to DingbocheA little far away from Gorak Shep, lies a modest peak called Kala Patthar with an altitude of 5644m. You will trek to the peak of Kala Patthar to enjoy the serenity of sunrise along with a mind-blowing view of Everest, Nuptse, and Changtse. After the sunrise, you will trek towards the village of Dingboche. Overnight in Dingboche.
Day 12: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (5,200m/17,060ft).From Dingboche, you will trek towards the Island Peak Base Camp. Located at an altitude of 5240m, here, you will make preparations for your further journey. Overnight in Island Peak Base Camp.
Day 13: Climb to Island Peak summit and back to base camp (6,189m/20,305ft).You will climb to the summit of Island Peak. Also known as Imja Tse, this mountain is considered to be a comparably advanced level climb. The trail is icy and you will pass through a few crevasses on your way, however, as you reach to the top, the view is absolutely worth it. You will also trek back towards the Base Camp. Overnight in Island Peak Base Camp.
Day 14: Trek to Dingboche (4,360/14,300ft).From the base camp, you will trek back towards the village of Dingboche. Located at an altitude of 4360m, this village comprises of modest houses in midst of barren hills that makes way for the snowy mountains- which makes up for an incredible view. Overnight in Dingboche.
Day 15: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,280ft)You will take a trail to head back towards the village of Namche Bazaar from Dingboche. Once there, you can choose to relax and explore the village, including its markets and the local people. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 16: Trek down to Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft) 6-7 hours.From Namche Bazaar, you will trek back towards Lukla, the starting point of your journey. Once again, you can spend the evening relaxing around the tourist hubs this village has to offer. Overnight in Lukla.
Day 17: Fly Back to Kathmandu,(1,300m/4,264ft)You will take a short but scenic flight back towards Kathmandu where you will be transferred back to your hotel. In the evening, you can stroll around the cobbled streets of Durbar Marg or alongside the beautiful Boudhanath. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 18: Departure to International Airport.Congratulations! Your trip has come to an end. Our representatives will aid you towards the airport. We hope you have had an amazing time and are returning with memories to cherish for a lifetime.
- Tourists class transportation to and from the airport and hotel.
- Both ways Flights tickets Kathmandu –Lukla-Kathmandu.
- 3 Nights standards Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Trekking lodge /Teahouse accommodations during the trek & similar tented camp accommodation during the climbing period.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- Government Licensed Holder trekking guide & High altitude climbing leader (Sherpa guide) licensed by Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) with all the salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Flight, and insurance.
- Group climbing equipment including ropes, ice screws, snow bars, harness, carbine, eight-figure etc.
- Porter during the Trekking (1 Potter for 2 trekkers) with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, and insurance.
- All necessary paperwork, Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit, Island Peak climbing permit fee, local Tax, Government tax & official expenses.
- Sleeping bag, Down jacket & Duffel Bag (if you do not have your own, to be returned after trip completion).
- Supporter guide group size above 5+ people.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag.
- All organizational requirements.
- Index Adventure T-shirt & Trekking Achievement Certificate.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu city.
- Excess baggage more than 15kg for Lukla flight.
- Extra night accommodation and meals if early departure from the mountain.
- Nepal visa fee (You can apply for Online or you can easily issue the visa on arrival at International Airport Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance (necessary).
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks & all desserts sweet things.
- Hot shower and battery charging in trekking Mountains.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in including section.
- Tips for the guide, porter, and driver (Tipping is voluntary).